Monday, October 10, 2005

Forbidden Love Weekend

I spent the weekend with G. She is an unbelievable beauty. Red hair. Bottomless brown eyes.

Saturday was our courtship. Shy sideways glances. Questioning eyes. Growing confidence. Growing comfort. Your joy is my joy.
"Don't move! I'll go get that tennis ball."
"Do you like it when I scratch you there?"

Saturday night was the Wedding. When I saw G. coming down the aisle with her wedding dress in her mouth my heart burst with Joy. After the wedding we journeyed to a place that was Mysterious...Beautiful... and Private.

On Sunday the shy glances were back but for an entirely different reason. We spent the morning in bed reading the Sunday Times and chasing the finger under the blanket. It was wonderful. Later we decided to take a blanket out to North Park and just laze the day away. Maybe toss a frisbee. Have a picnic....

And then it happened. We were on a blanket in a field. G. was snuggled in beside me. It was later in the day. I was half asleep. Drowsy...dreamy...content. When suddenly G. sprang up letting out a strange noise. She was running across the field when I started to rise and as my eyes slowly came into focus I saw something that broke my heart.

G. sniffing a Golden Retrievers bum.

Sunday night was the divorce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home