Thursday, September 08, 2005

God bless him.

I am not a survivalist because I don't think I would. But I do believe this country is one bad sneeze away from total chaos.
I fight with my brother at family reunions. My brother is rich banker. He lives in a mansion in a gated community. I ask him what will happen when the last middle class family in America vanishes.
Every year since King Bush took office America has seen 1 million more people added to the official list of the poor. Six million people in 6 years. The middle class is slowly trickling down into WalMarts and McDonalds.
I ask my brother if he truly thinks the have nots will leave him be behind his puny gate. And then to make him mad I ask, "Why should they?"
I ask him if he will kill to keep his wooden ducks and his garden of SUV's.
I don't think we will ever know the madness and mayhem that exploded in Mississippi in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. The flood will hide a thousand secrets. But one thing is clear. It doesn't take much for the wheels to come off and when they do it's the guy with the bad teeth that can cook a snake like a marshmallow that's going to be king. God bless him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home